Craig W. Colville, M.D., F.A.C.S
2865 North Reynolds Road #250
Toledo, OH 43615
Phone: (419) 534-6551
Monday - Thursday: 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
Friday: 8:30 a.m.–4 p.m.
A woman’s breasts are at the heart of her femininity. Many women who want to enhance their breast size and their feelings of sensuality choose to do so with breast implants. Rapid recovery breast augmentation in Toledo, Ohio, with board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Craig Colville, is an opportunity for women to have the breasts they desire, with results that look and feel natural.
Before & After Photos
This feature contains nudity. Please click OK to confirm you are at least 18 years of age and are not offended by such material.OK
Before & After Photos
Keep in mind that each patient is unique and your results may vary.
Breast Augmentation Case 19
Breast Augmentation Case 282
Breast Augmentation Case 31
Breast Augmentation Case 341
Breast Augmentation Before and After Case 32
Breast Augmentation Case 29
Breast Augmentation Case 311
Breast Augmentation Case 200
Keep in mind that each patient is unique and your results may vary.
Why Breast Augmentation?
You may be a good candidate for breast augmentation if:
- You feel that your breasts are too small.
- Clothing that fits the rest of your body is often too large or loose at the bust line.
- You are self-conscious wearing a swimsuit or form-fitting top.
- Your breasts have become smaller and/or lost firmness after having children.
- Weight loss has changed the size or shape of your breasts.
- Your breasts are different sizes.
Advanced breast augmentation techniques and additional breast implant choices enable board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Colville to produce breast augmentation results that are better than ever. Your successful breast augmentation surgery begins with your consultation, during which Dr. Colville discusses the procedure and your options and listens to you describe your cosmetic goals. A physical examination will help you choose the size of implants that will look best on you.
With the VECTRA® 3D imaging system, you can get realistic views of your possible results with implants of different sizes and shapes.
Your Breast Augmentation Surgery
Breast augmentation is an outpatient procedure performed by Dr. Colville using a general anesthetic. Dr. Colville’s “no-touch” technique for surgery typically takes approximately 1 hour. Implants are inserted through small incisions that are typically made either at the inframammary fold — an inconspicuous location where the bottom of the breast connects to the chest — or on the edge of the areola. For most procedures, Dr. Colville uses the Keller Funnel™, an innovative device that allows surgeons to insert either saline or silicone implants without touching them or using force, limiting post-surgical bruising. Using the Keller Funnel also allows Dr. Colville to make smaller incisions than would otherwise be necessary.
Like all surgical procedures, there are risks associated with breast augmentation, which Dr. Colville will discuss in detail at your consultation. Some of the risks specific to breast implant surgery include an increase or decrease in nipple or breast skin sensation, scarring, capsular contracture, wrinkling or rippling, and implant rupture. If you’ve undergone breast augmentation elsewhere and are experiencing any of these complications, Dr. Colville specializes in complex breast implant revision.
A Reputation Built on Results
You deserve the highest caliber of service, care, and results, and at Craig W. Colville MD, FACS, we're committed to providing all that and more. But don't take our word for it—see for yourself what our actual patients have to say about their experiences with us.Read More Patient Reviews
What Is Rapid Recovery Breast Augmentation?
Dr. Colville’s goal is for each breast augmentation patient to have a rapid recovery. Most patients, if they follow his post-operative instructions, can begin routine (not strenuous) activities within 24 hours of the procedure.
You’ll return home after surgery, with a small, clear, waterproof dressing over each incision. There are no drains. A post-operative bra or garment is not necessary but may be worn if desired. After arriving home from surgery, you will probably want a short rest. It’s important, however, to move around on the day of surgery to enhance your circulation.
A relaxing shower to wash away the after-effects of surgery is nice, and you may even want to leave the house for a brief outing or dinner. You’re encouraged to lie forward onto your chest on the evening of the surgery to help keep your chest (pectoral) muscles relaxed. Standing and moving the arms straight over the head (until arms touch the side of your head) is also very helpful.
Craig W. Colville, MD, FACS
"My ultimate goal is to design a plan accommodating your wishes and desires in the most aesthetically pleasing manner possible."Meet Dr. Colville
Do You Offer Breast Augmentation Financing?
Yes. Many breast augmentation patients take advantage our financing options to have the peace of mind that comes from choosing Dr. Colville as their surgeon with affordable payment options.
To find out more about breast augmentation, request a consultation with Dr. Colville, or call his office at (419) 534-6551 to schedule an appointment. Women considering breast augmentation travel from Findlay and Sandusky, OH; Ann Arbor, MI; and surrounding cities to our Toledo practice to have Dr. Colville perform their surgeries.
Breast Augmentation FAQ
What should I do to prepare for breast augmentation?
- You will undergo a history and physical with your board-certified plastic surgeon and a mammogram may, or may not, be indicated.
- If you are a smoker, stopping smoking well in advance of surgery will improve your wound healing and overall surgical experience.
- Medications like aspirin and NSAIDs that can lead to increased bleeding or bruising will most likely be discontinued prior to surgery.
- The surgery is done as an outpatient procedure, but you will need to arrange for transportation after your operation and also plan to have someone stay with you the first night following surgery.
What should I expect during the breast augmentation recovery process?
- Upon discharge from the surgical outpatient facility, you will have specific written instructions regarding activity, dressing, shower, diet, and exercise.
- You will need to have an adult take you home from surgery and stay with you the first night following surgery.
- You may feel tired for up to 72 hours post-operatively.
- A small stitch knot will be removed at one week.
- Some swelling will occur for the first several days, and most of the swelling will resolve in 2 weeks. A little bit of swelling will persist for perhaps 1 to 2 months.
- Some discoloration or bruising near the incision site may occur, and you will notice this at about 2 to 3 days after surgery.
When can I expect to resume normal activities after breast augmentation?
- Resuming light activity with gentle range of motion to the arms is allowed immediately; however, heavier exertional activity will be restricted for 2 to 4 weeks.
- It is often possible to return to work in less than one week; however, depending on the specific job requirements or extent of exercise, these decisions will be on an individual basis after further discussion with Dr. Colville.
Will breast augmentation fill out sagging breasts?
Women who have minor breast laxity may attain the size and shape they want with breast augmentation alone. For most women with sagging breasts, though, Dr. Colville performs breast lift surgery to restore a youthful breast shape. He can combine breast augmentation with a lift to increase breast size, as well. He can also improve the appearance of enlarged nipples during this surgery.
Can I breastfeed after getting implants?
Dr. Colville can optimize your chances of being able to breastfeed by using a breast crease incision instead of a periareolar incision, and by placing the implants beneath the chest muscle where less pressure is put on the milk glands. Neither saline nor silicone implants will affect the quality of your breast milk.
Can I have my breast implants changed from saline to silicone even if I’m not having problems?
Certainly. This procedure, called elective implant exchange, has increased in popularity with advances in technology that have made silicone implants more durable, natural-feeling, and cohesive. Women also change their breast implants because they want a different size or shape, as well as for many other reasons. Dr. Colville is experienced in providing beautiful results that are personalized to his patients.
Will I need to replace my implants eventually?
Breast implants are not lifetime devices. It is likely your implants will need to be replaced at some point in your life. Various factors like implant rupture or capsular contracture make implant removal and replacement necessary.
What is capsular contracture?
Capsular contracture is scar tissue formation around the implant. Common symptoms include mild discomfort and firmness of the breast.Back to Top