Women considering elective surgery to address physical changes after having children—or even just due to the normal aging process—often ask about combining body contouring and breast enhancement procedures. The cost of these combination procedures, often called mommy makeover surgery at our Toledo practice, varies considerably depending on the specific procedures I perform and the extent of the correction needed.
During consultations with women considering a mommy makeover, we discuss potential options and the benefits of including more than one procedure during a single operation. That discussion helps identify which specific procedures will be part of the surgical plan. The cost of the operation is then estimated based on that plan.
In this blog post, I’ll answer some common questions about the cost of a mommy makeover and explain why a combination procedure is a smart financial decision for the right patients.
- Is it safe to combine procedures? This is a question we address with each patient because patient safety is our priority. A safe, effective surgery that produces reliable results guides every decision before and during the operation. If I don’t believe we can safely address all of a patient’s concerns in one surgery, I’ll recommend planning 2 smaller operations.
- How does combining procedures affect the cost of the operation? Certain fees for cosmetic surgery, such as facility and anesthesia fees, may be reduced by combining multiple procedures during one operation. Besides costs, another benefit of a mommy makeover is that patients only have to plan for one recovery period. This isn’t always preferable, however, because it’s sometimes better to recover after 2 medium operations than to have a single significant recovery process.
- Does a mommy makeover always include a tummy tuck? The abdominal area is a primary focus of a mommy makeover procedure. But the specifics of the procedure can vary quite a bit from patient to patient. I may perform a straightforward tummy tuck with liposuction limited to the front of the body, or I may extend the procedure to the hip area or include a buttock lift. Some patients also need a pubic lift, as well. There is no such thing as a one-size-fits-all mommy makeover.
- Can I combine a breast lift with breast implants? Yes, this is a very common element of mommy makeover surgery. Many women want to not only restore the youthful shape of their breasts but also regain volume that is often lost after having children. Other women may have overly large breasts post-pregnancy and want breast reduction surgery.
- Is mommy makeover surgery only for women who have had children? Not at all. Physical changes occur to women’s bodies for several reasons, including aging and fluctuating weight, in addition to post-pregnancy issues. Hormonal changes associated with menopause can also trigger physical conditions that you may want to address through nonsurgical or surgical treatments.
- Can a mommy makeover include nonsurgical treatments? Absolutely, some patients have concerns that can be addressed without surgery. For example, we might combine CoolSculpting® fat reduction treatments with ThermiVa® vaginal rejuvenation procedures to deal with post-partum changes. Some women find that their skin changes after having children and need a revised skincare routine.
As you can see, a mommy makeover is a phrase that can encompass a wide range of surgical and nonsurgical procedures, including brachioplasty, thigh lifts, and even facial rejuvenation. The cost of the procedure will depend on what procedures are performed and whether the surgeries need to be spaced out for safety.
The best place to start is by requesting a consultation so we can meet and discuss your specific concerns. Use the online form or call our Toledo, Ohio, plastic surgery practice at (419) 534-6551 to schedule an appointment.